Our client a Large construction company is seeking a Site Engineer to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and mathematical skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
It is vital that they are able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving, especially across construction sites, whilst delivering their technical expertise and liaising with senior management and client’s representatives as appropriate.
Responsibilities of the role include
- Establish and maintain procedures with design team, client and subcontractors for information flow, approvals, meetings and reporting.
- Reporting to management team on the programme schedule and ensuring compliance with plans, specifications and building standards.
- Setting out using total station & GPS equipment.
- Undertaking surveys and ensuring engineering details are being followed on site.
- Supervising subcontractors and checking quality of works.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors, quantity surveyors and other project stakeholders.
- Conduct document reviews, scheduling and attending site meetings to ensure overall compliance with building schedule.
- Reporting to the Project Manager and senior management team on all aspects of engineering to do with the project.
- Managing & providing training to Junior staff & Engineers
- Ensuring compliance with agreed construction methods particularly those relating to Quality Assurance and Health & Safety.
- Manage project close out including securing warranties, guarantees and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor closing, including as built submissions.
- Prepares and submits reports and other site paperwork in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years in similar position.
- Engineering Degree required.
- Knowledge of construction techniques and be competent in all aspects of setting out, surveying, and temporary works.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills with good knowledge of MS office.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety requirements within Irish construction sites.
- Strong Management Skills
- Full Irish Driving licence
For further information on this please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.