This role will involve the Management, Review, and Co-Ordination of design packages from Consulting Engineers and project Contractors in order to deliver a thoroughly robust and safe design for the execution of the works.
This role will involve a combination of office and site based engineering activities, where you will be expected to carry out the level of Co-Ordination referenced above at design stage and continue the inspection, review and Co-Ordination during the construction phase to ensure the works are being executed in accordance with the design and works planning.
- Implementing design review, making and recording changes to designs and disseminating those changes to the relevant parties.
- Physical presence required at work fronts to review the implementation of designs and seek efficiencies and improvements of the design delivery.
- Support the Project Manager to achieve the contract program
- Ensure RAMS & ITPs are completed in conjunction with progression of works
- Ensure NCRs and defects are actioned and closed out to the satisfaction of the company
- Regular liaison with Project Manager to ensure that subcontractor works are delivered
- Consult where appropriate Health & Safety to ensure that all safety standards are followed.
- Monitor sub-contractors safety standards and ensure that they comply with standards.
- 10 years’ experience of Engineering Design Co-Ordination of large scale technical investment projects of a Civil Engineering or heavy Construction nature or similar works on a Pharmaceutical site.
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, plus significant and relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Construction regulations.
·Experience of Temporary works Design process is an advantage
- Thorough knowledge and relevant experience in the civil/construction industry and project engineering.
- Proficient at preparing reports
- Specialist knowledge in their expert domain
- Thorough knowledge (legal, technical, functional) of Construction management.
- English Speaking
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment