The successful candidate will be responsible for food safety (including HACCP), quality and legal compliance. HACCP Leader with overall responsibility for product safety, quality and legality. Ensure the quality management systems are maintained and that BRC accreditation is upheld. Keep the business appraised of all relevant developments in areas of legislation and regulation. Lead customer audits and all third-party visits. Manage and lead the Quality Control Officer and the Hygiene Team.
- Develop and manage the quality management systems and the internal audit programme efficiently and cost effectively.
- As the HACCP & TACCP Leader, develop the HACCP and TACCP plans and update them annually to reflect changes and amendments to procedures and processes.
- Lead the risk assessment of all products, packaging and processes with regard to food safety.
- Ensure root cause analysis is carried out and remedial actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Manage the site technical budget including laboratory sampling and garment cleaning to deliver an appropriate and effective programme.
- Manage and lead the Quality Control Officer and the Hygiene Team, ensuring all are trained appropriately and performing to a high standard.
- Complete customer specifications with regard to new and existing products.
- Lead point of contact for all DAFM inspections, BRC annual audits and various customer audits.
- Manage the complaints programme, through the identification of critical areas for improvement and complaints analysis.
- Promptly address any issues relating to quality, work with the Management team to identify and implement solutions.
- Coordinate export certificates for sampling to the public laboratory and issuing by the local HSE authority.
- Manage the non-conformance monitoring system which records non-compliance of products and packaging.
- Approval of new artwork and customer specifications. This requires an in-depth knowledge of food legislation throughout Europe.
- Ad hoc projects including Origin Green and develop the paperless system.
- Attend and input to cross functional operations, sales and capex meetings.
- Create internal training programs and provide annual training for all staff on food safety and quality.
- Ensure all staff are trained on the relevant SOP before starting in a new position or operating any machine.
- Ensure all staff are trained and aware of all food safety policies and procedures in place.
- Degree in Food Science or related discipline.
- Min 2 -3 years’ experience in a similar role in the food industry, preferably meat.
- In-depth knowledge of food legislation.
- Experience managing a team of quality and cleaning operatives.
- Experience maintaining quality management systems.
- Experience coordinating DAFM inspections, BRC annual audits and customer audits.
- Experience preparing quality metrics and presenting the numbers to management.
- Experience conducting internal audits.
- Excellent computer and Excel skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative.
- Keep up to date knowledge of current food safety requirements and compliance.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.