A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Instrumentation Technician in Ballina
This position is with one of our established Pharmaceutical clients
- Carry out preventative maintenance of on-site equipment to ensure maximum efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive PM plan for the site to ensure equipment runs at optimum levels at all times.
- Diagnose and repair any unpreventable breakdowns within tight time frames to minimise downtime (out-of-hours work may be required as a result).
- Identify any savings or efficiencies that can be achieved in the department and work with the Procurement team to implement them.
- Identify any areas where commitment to sustainability can be enhanced within the department, and implement any approved initiatives with management support.
- Maintain and adhere to the highest health and safety, quality and environmental standards and procedures in all work carried out.
- Liaise with suppliers and suppliers’ engineers to troubleshoot any issues. Maintain ongoing positive relationships with suppliers.
- Report and present on departmental progress and key metrics as required/at regular intervals.
- Train other team members, when required.
- Work with the Procurement team to manage spares and new equipment requirements.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to maintain best practices and identify future trends.
- Proficiency in servicing a broad range of instruments and machinery, including: HPLCs, Sterility Isolator, Charged Aerosol Detectors, Microplate Reader, Particle Counter, Spectrophotometer, Gas Chromatograph, Spectrophotometer, (Maurice) Protein Separator, Automated Cell Viability Analyser, Microplate Reader, TOC Analyser, Chromatograph (Ion) System, Air Sampler, Millipore Equinox Pump and CO2 sensors/alarms.
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in a similar industry (GMP environment).
- Professional accreditation with an industry-related body would be an advantage.
Skills and Attributes:
- Must have a Practical and hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative – the role will be largely self-directed.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Commercial understanding of the impact of failure/downtime on customer delivery.
- Can-do attitude, highly motivated and positive.
- Good people-management and collaborative skills.
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.