Arcon Recruitment are delighted to partner with Fort Wayne Metals in the recruitment of an Applications Engineer (German Speaking)
Fort Wayne Metals a leading manufacturer of precision wire-based materials and components.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
Area of responsibility:
- Provide technical assistance to customers on material/alloy selection and best product/configuration selection for the application and device performance requirements.
- Work in conjunction with the internal sales and engineering teams as the key technical advisor to customers in relation to the Company’s products and capabilities.
- Frequent face to face visits to customers and webinars to deliver technical presentations and updates.
- Identify, plan and prioritise customer projects and requirements.
- Manage response and follow up actions and projects arising from customer enquiries or visits, from the office. [Expectation approximately out of the office 1/6 weeks]
- Give support and direction internally to the Customer Service Associates, Engineering, Production and Shipping functions. Conduct and document meetings with appropriate cross functional teams.
- Keep abreast of corporate product and technological developments.
- Develop new applications for company’s products in order to penetrate new market segments and identify new product opportunities.
- Support customers with value analysis and value engineering projects.
- Interface with the Corporate Sales group and Product teams to achieve corporate targets and objectives.
- Monitor project schedules and product performance in area of responsibility and provide periodic status reports.
- Report writing (project outlines and visit reports for internal departments) and preparing presentations.
- Assist with product costing and quotations.
- Assist with failure analysis and report writing including customer complaint evaluation, analysis, reporting and timely closure, if required.
- Create a high level of morale and motivation in working with and managing and leading internal teams.
- Mentor employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Materials Science or equivalent)
- Five years industrial experience desirable
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Native German speaker with good written and spoken English
- Good communication skills – good listener and good verbal and written rapport essential.
- Good time management skills, ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- PC Literate (word processing, spreadsheets, database) and strong knowledge of project Management tools and web tools.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.