Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer for our client in Mayo
- Provides support for the development of new products and processes, and interfacing with Quality, Maintenance and Operations functions.
- Provides support to Operations to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- Analyses and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems
- Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
- Evaluates new machinery and technology
- Process costing
- Report writing and preparing presentations to communicate findings
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes :
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or equivalent).
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role advantage
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques
- Strong aptitude for material science, with an interest in metallurgy. Training will be delivered internally on the relevant metallurgical knowledge and principles; the candidate will be expected to apply that knowledge to process improvements and new process development.
- Lean/Six Sigma qualification desirable
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
- Can demonstrate ability take a process, become an expert in it, and contribute to its’ ongoing development and improvement.
- Shows willingness to take a hands-on approach to understanding a process and to leading process improvement trials
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, open-minded- able to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Competitive Salary
- Educational Assistance
- Free Parking
- Monday to Friday day shift pattern
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.