Our client based in Mayo is expanding and wish’s to add a graduate to its surveying team.
- Tendering for jobs
- Compiling bills of quantities
- Forward ordering project materials as quantified.
- Manage contracts – in relation to the allocation of labour to each job, resolving site issues & monitoring work quality.
- Payments to sub-contractors.
- Keep costs within budget
- Adhere to the project program
- Preparation & submission of claims for variations, valuations, final accounts always to strict deadlines
- Prepare weekly reports on job progress
- Preparation of final accounts.
- Chase outstanding money.
- Prepare weekly reports on job costing, payments received overdue accounts & report on any staff related issues to the managing director.
- Attend Site Meetings as required.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor or recent graduate
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- A proven track record of quantity surveying
- Strong operational skills and attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Strong written communication abilities are also essential
- Strong customers focus skills and attitude.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and anticipate any problems
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
For further information please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.