We are seeking to recruit an Accountant to join our client’s team in Co. Sligo. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning, ISO accredited engineering consultancy with a wide range of projects across the construction industry.
The successful candidate will report to the CFO and Management Team.
- Confidentiality is pre-requisite to all matters pertaining to this role
- Knowledge of Revenue & Statutory Returns
- Preparation and maintenance of Employee Contracts
- Preparation of Monthly and Annual Budgets
- Preparation of Monthly and Annual Cashflow
- Maintaining and reconciling of daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of sales invoices and maintenance of same on accounting system.
- Project Accounting – Analysis of business projects to compare the cost of each project against revenue generated from same and incorporation of the results to graphs.
- Processing of purchase documents including Invoices and Purchase Orders and maintaining same on accounting system.
- Control and collection of Debtor’s accounts.
- Petty cash management.
- Foreign exchange transactions.
- Maintain relationship with bank
- General office administration.
The role will involve:
- Keeping strict surveillance on the completion of the employee’s time sheets to ensure they were completed in a timely manner and completed correctly i.e. correct allocation of time to specific projects and recording of chargeable expenses. This includes regularly prompting the employees to complete their timesheets and submit same together with expenses for approval before pay date
- Being available to answer any queries the employees have such as payment of wages and expenses, chargeable and non-chargeable time, submission of sales invoices prepared by them to the Finance team and other general employee queries.
- Liaison with employees i.e. senior engineers regarding the collection of monies owed by clients to the company and how to best approach it to result in successful collection of funds.
- Proficient in the use of Accounting Package and Excel
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment