We are seeking an EHS & Sustainability Specialist for our client in Mayo
The EHS & S Specialist will lead the Product Stewardship and Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to achieve objectives beyond regulatory compliance, focusing on reducing environmental impact and promoting sustainable practices.
Essential Functions of Job:
- To be the responsible position on site for the effective management of Environmental Social Governance and Health & Safety, in accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Manual and Health and Safety Statement and strategic plan.
- Maintain all Product Stewardship (PS) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) records
- Maintain the most current PS and CSR database
- Assist all employees and Customers with regulated material/product requests and expedite internal and external requests while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Respond to customer requests for PS and CSR information by completing customer PS and CSR
- Establish a customer regulatory information database that will track common questions from customers in order to provide consistent data.
- Collaborate & liaise regularly with the Product Stewardship & Corporate Social Responsibility Team
- Liaise with EPA / Local County Council on all Environmental audits/inspections and prepare follow-up reports for same
- Environmental Management Review to include Environmental Aspects and Impacts
Health & Safety
- Drive injury prevention and maintain an injury-free culture through developing and managing safety behaviours & proactive based safety habits
- Stay abreast of new laws, regulations and safety best practices to support compliance, benchmarking, and continuous improvement activities
- Work with SMT to create and maintain a culture that reflects a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees.
- Evaluate opportunities to eliminate or reduce hazards within the company; work with employees to implement changes.
- Organise & Direct facility safety audits, fire drills and drive corrective actions resulting from drills, audits
- Schedule Safety committee meetings; facilitate discussions with support from Quality EH&S Manager, and drive safety-related action items resulting from Safety committee meetings.
- Host & Liaise with HSA on any safety audits / Inspections and prepare to follow-up reports for same
- Organise and conduct Noise monitoring and publish results on the same
- Induction Training for new employees to cover Safety Statements, Environmental Management System & Risk assessments
Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant third-level qualification in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Business, and/or Health & Safety
- Working knowledge or at least an understanding of the importance of ISO9000 (AS 9100), ISO 14001 and applicable global chemical regulations (REACH & ROHS) a distinct advantage
- Experience in Product Stewardship and Environmental Programs in a production environment, an advantage
- Must have excellent organisational & communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have experience leading teams through change, improvements, and work activities
- Experience working in a similar role would be an advantage
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment