Our Client, a PM Company based in Mayo requires a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
- Experience in residential and commercial projects to ensure project delivery against agreed company success criteria
- Strong commercial awareness to assist Senior Quantity Surveyor with reviewing and agreeing cost plans and setting overall development budgets with the Commercial Manager
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying and/or Construction Management
- Experience in managing standard construction contract forms, including variations and final account agreements
- Supervising and managing the accurate and timely project delivery reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager
- Attending meetings with the design teams, PQS’s, main contractors, enabling works subcontractors and specialist subcontractors
- Commercial and residential experience is a requirement for this position
- 7+ yrs Post-Graduate experience
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Processing interim payments for Main Contractors, Design Team and Enabling Works Sub-Contractors
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Must have strong knowledge of building details and construction technology
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- Confident working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative with the opportunity to move to Senior Quantity Surveyor level within the company
- To be able to co-ordinate more than one project at the same time if required, reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor
For further information on this position please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.