Our client is a food manufacturing company based in Mayo who are recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Fitter/Technician.
The role will included maintenance management, checking proactively and reactive maintenance on all factory plant including conveyors. Full knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and previous experience of using and managing a preventive maintenance system is essential.
- Timely and effective trouble shooting of day to day equipment and system issues.
- To react immediately to any breakdowns or problems and try to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible, using the resources available
- General sourcing of everyday parts, services and 3rd party repairs. Reporting to the site manager with any parts ordering requirements. Following up on parts deliveries and overseeing that incoming parts are fitted as soon as possible when delivered
- To prioritise and allocate everyday work in an efficient manner, using the resources available
- To implement, drive and improve on existing preventative maintenance programmes
- To effectively manage uptime/downtime of machinery
- To continue with a hands on approach to everyday maintenance tasks
- Completion of all maintenance records
- Maintain Health, Safety and Hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
- Stock checks, systems maintenance etc.
- To lead continuous improvements projects
- Liaising with and assisting any 3rd party contractors in carrying out their duties on our sites
- Assisting with engineering budgeting and cost analysis
Competencies to perform the role
This role requires the individual to have:
- A sound, hands-on, mechanical and electrical knowledge of equipment
- Previous experience of supervising and leading maintenance teams
- Previous experience of using and managing preventive maintenance system(s)
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft packages
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-3 years in a Maintenance Management role within a similar industry
For more information Contact David at Arcon Recruitment on 0879221136 or at [email protected]