Our client, an established Multinational, is seeking a Research and Development Engineer (Mechanical)
Responsibilities for Research and Development Mechanical Engineer:
- Report writing and preparing presentations to communicate findings
- Evaluates new machinery and technology
- Providing customers with advanced materials solutions to meet their product development and process improvement needs
- Development of new products and processes, and interfacing with Sales, Quality, Maintenance, and Operations functions.
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
- Process costing provides support to Operations to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, optimise existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met.
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes :
- Bachelor’s of Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or equivalent).
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices, and techniques
- Strong aptitude for material science, with an interest in metallurgy. Training will be delivered internally on the relevant metallurgical knowledge and principles; the candidate will be expected to apply that knowledge to process improvements and new process development.
- At least 3 years of industrial experience
- Lean/Six Sigma qualification is desirable
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, open-minded- able to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent
- Can demonstrate the ability to take a process, become an expert in it, and contribute to its ongoing development and improvement.
- Shows willingness to take a hands-on approach to understanding a process and to leading process improvement trials
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad fills the very busy position of Recruitment Administrator in Arcon. This position is multi-faceted and involves providing support to the Recruitment team. Mairead’s day is never typical, and she has a great ability to prioritise tasks in an ever-changing and pressurised environment. Mairéad also manages our extensive database and regularly “catches up” with our registered candidates to make sure the information we have on file is always up to date and correct.
Check out our similar roles here!