Our Client is recruiting for a ‘Regional Vendor Schedular’ based in Co. Mayo
The overall responsibility of the Regional Vendor Scheduler role is to ensure that the supply of materials meet production & sales plans taking into consideration contracts, batch sizes, inventory policies and storage capacity. The scope includes procurement of packaging materials and direct materials of a dedicated categories in 4 plants. This role will also involve leading the relationship management activities with suppliers, as they relate to operational or tactical processes. This is a temporary contract for 15 months.
Purchase Order Management
- Create, release, submit and follow through of Purchase Orders to meet the demands of the production plan and Product Commercialization requirements for dedicated material categories and across the different Plants.
- Review MRP suggestions and exception messages on a daily basis and activate materials / ingredients purchase, re-schedule and cancellation accordingly to support the production plan.
- Ensure manufacturing requirements are met and inventory policy adhered to the different Commercial Product Supply (CPS) plants.
- Follow through and monitor inbound deliveries with Suppliers, Global Quality Laboratories & Plants teams to ensure materials are available in-time for production and meeting inventory guidelines.
- Fix issues (problem solving) with the key stakeholders for ensuring Continuity of Supply.
- Revise delivery schedule in a timely manner to communicate changes either internally or externally driven.
- Liaise with Plant Champions as appropriate.
- Ensure Purchase Order closure and perform Invoice verification with Finance & key stakeholders, as necessary.
Materials Inventory Management
- Purchase ingredients and materials in adherence to the inventory guidelines to support the production plan.
- Perform weekly shortage reporting and mitigate any associated risks to supply.
- Support the Materials Review Board processes by ensuring inventory levels comply with company’s policy.
Supplier Management and development
- Develop existing suppliers by performing regular performance reviews on suppliers’ delivery and drive improvements.
Master Data maintenance
- As part controller for purchased items in SAP, review and manage the Master Data.
Registration of materials / ingredients with relevant Authorities
- Understand and comply with the requirements of the local authorities.
- Manage supplier’s quality and performance by submitting non-compliance report and following through till closure.
- Drive improvement initiatives
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Chemistry or Food Science or equivalent.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) experience is required.
- SAP experience would be considered as an advantage.
- Supply Chain post-graduate studies APICS certification would be considered as an advantage.
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in multinational organization’s Supply Chain/ Purchasing / Procurement function desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, with proficiency in English.
- Excellent PC skills in Microsoft and Power point.
- Preference for candidates with good working knowledge of SAP.
- Preference for candidates with Food/ beverage processing or pharmaceutical manufacturing SC experience.
- Knowledge on Free Trade Agreement.
- Good level of analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Good negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Good analytical skills on inventory management and optimization.
For more information, please contact Maria at Arcon Recruitment