We have an excellent opportunity for a Production Manager in County Mayo.
The Production Manager will have the overall responsibility for all manufacturing, product handling and logistic activities and is responsible for ensuring they are completed safely, in accordance with the required quality standards and within agreed program dates.
Through leading the production department, the position-holder will drive the goal for zero accidents, dangerous occurrences, incidents and near misses. They will build engagement and cooperation of their team to influence the behaviors that align with company values.
The Production Manager will maximise manufacturing output, drive continuous improvement, improve efficiency and influence the strategic direction taken by the company in relation to optimum manufacturing methods and long-term labour resource planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Control all manufacturing and logistics operations, leading by example in health and safety and quality management, whilst ensuring legal compliance.
- Forecast, plan and execute manufacturing works to maximise output and commercial performance, whilst achieving contractual program dates.
- Collaborate proactively with Engineering and Contracts Managers to ensure manufacturing operations are optimised.
- Provide leadership through operational decision-making in the best interests of the business, maintaining a strong customer-orientated focus.
- Manage operations activity costs against agreed cost budgets and P&L’s.
- Own the maintenance programme for all production plant and equipment.
- Lead the production team, developing team members at all levels as part of succession planning process.
- Working closely with procurement in relation to inventory management, and taking control of weekly and monthly stock checks.
- Engage with clients on key projects where critical issues have been escalated.
- Develop, implement and analyse production KPIs and develop continuous improvement initiatives to improve KPI performance.
- Take ownership of lean initiatives in the production area.
- Provide input to shape company’s planning, policy and strategic decisions.
- Develop and implement long term and short-term manufacturing strategies for new products and markets.
- Work closely with HR to identify needs, threats and opportunities related to labour resourcing.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports
- Chair regular structured production team meetings
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ prior experience in a production, manufacturing management role, preferably in a light to medium engineering manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to motivate a team of team leaders and their staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relay information regarding company goals and updates.
- Proven organizational and time management abilities with ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Previous experience leading a team of people essential.
- Prior experience managing against departmental budgets desirable.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strategic and critical thinker.
- Approachable and impartial demeanour, with the ability to resolve conflict fairly and directly.
- Adequate understanding of HR risks and processes.
- Creativity and innovative thinking to develop new ideas and concepts.
- Ability to analyse and interpret performance data and figures.
- Proficient in Microsoft package, in particular, Word and Excel
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.