Research & Development Mechanical Engineer required for a Mayo-based multinational medical device company.
- Development of new products and processes, and interfacing with Sales, Quality, Maintenance and Operations functions.
- Providing customers within the medical, aerospace and automotive industries with advanced materials solutions, by way of design and development of additively manufactured (3D printed) and wire-based components, to meet their product development needs
- Research into the processing and microstructural relationships of shape memory alloys through the use of advanced material characterisation techniques
- Evaluates new machinery and technology
- Process costing
- Provides support to Operations to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met. Report writing and preparing presentations to communicate findings
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes:
- Bachelor’s of Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or equivalent).
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques
- Strong aptitude for material science, with an interest in metallurgy and 3D printing of metal components and wire processing. Training will be delivered internally on the relevant metallurgical and process knowledge; the candidate will be expected to apply that knowledge to process improvements and new process development
- At least 2 years of industrial experience is essential
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, open-minded- able to recognise good ideas
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to design/technical issues
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent tasks
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment