Engineering Project Manager required for our client based in Mayo
The Engineering Project Manager serves Operations and Global Engineering (GE) by leading cross-functional teams to identify global cost savings opportunities for the Design To Value (DTV) program. Additionally, this position will provide project management for the highest opportunity projects. A blend of leadership, business acumen, communication, and technical acumen will be required.
- Use systematic techniques and ensure use of the stage gate or other suitable process to create, support, and manage the development of project goals, schedules, and tasks.
- Coordinate cross-functional team activities to meet project or program deliverables.
- Obtain and/or negotiate resources as needed, assign tasks as appropriate, and ensure that commitments are met.
- Monitor project progress to anticipate risks and develop solutions before they become critical.
- Minimum 6 years of project/program management experience ideally within a regulated environment
- Minimum 10 years of relevant engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management training / qualifications, Project Management Professional (PMP) credentialed preferred
- Experience with project management tools and skills; with knowledge of process and project planning best practices.
- Ability to focus and drive ongoing organizational assessment to identify gaps/opportunities relative to the product development, commercialization, and manufacturing processes.
- Serve as a change agent with passion, high-energy, and a results oriented creative and analytical mind with the ability to manage critical situations.
- Proven ability to manage extensive communications both up and down in the organization to keep key stakeholders appropriately engaged and informed to drive success of a project
- Business acumen; ability to think from an overall “best for the business” perspective.
- Demonstrate customer focus in all interactions. Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into business decisions
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of product design, product function, product materials, physical testing and requirements related to medical device design controls
- Experience with automated production equipment, Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques, and statistical analysis tools
- Manufacturing process development experience; demonstrated understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) principles, DOE techniques and statistical analysis tool
- Lead teams and/or individuals, using direct or indirect influence techniques.
- Lead activities across multi-functional and cross-geographical teams to meet deliverables.
- Lead the development of integrated business plans, manage and track project budgets, product cost, and capital, and establish return on investment.
- Support activities to scope and charter new projects.
- Mentor others by providing guidance, direction, or other technical expertise.
- Socialize project status identifying key project milestones, progress, and major inter-dependencies throughout operations and engineering functions.
- Provide regular updates sponsors on the status of the overall program or project
- Present updates to senior leadership at project milestone meetings.
- Use clearly understood metrics to report progress to management.
- Understand accounting principles, capital, and expense planning in support of project/program and departmental performance.
- Effectively prepare, manage and communicate project expense and / or capital budgets.
Utilize resource planning to support department and corporate resource monitoring.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment