Our client is seeking to recruit an Embedded Software Engineer to join their team, based in Co. Mayo
The function of this role is to lead the full software development life cycle i.e. design, develop and maintain embedded software for control systems on our products. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively and independently. The successful candidate must have familiarity with electronic circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug software functions on target hardware.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems using C.
- Analyse, monitor and enhance the efficiency and stability of embedded systems.
- Proactively review and recommend improvements to existing system designs.
- Management of software repositories using the ‘Git’ version control system.
- Issue tracking and project management using ‘JIRA’ software.
- Participate in design and code review process with other software engineers.
- Collaborate with engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve software issues.
- Liaise with customers to understand and interpret their needs and address issues.
- Perform modifications on existing embedded software to add improved functionality.
- Follow standards and industry best practices to improve system performance and safety including unit testing and compliance with MISRA C guidelines.
- System testing and debugging skills.
- Create daily documentation of software code changes including state chart diagrams.
- Create technical specification documents for software.
- Provide technical assistance to other engineers as required.
- Provide production support when necessary.
- Interface with electronic hardware design and development teams.
- Interface with design engineers to plan and develop new products.
- Attend occasional field test sessions near the manufacturing facility.
- On rare occasions it may be necessary to travel to a customer site to debug a software issue.
- Occasional travel to electronic hardware supplier premises for meetings and training.
- Attend trade shows and software test events.
- Complete detailed work sheets for each working day.
- Demonstrable experience of software design in embedded systems and real-time applications, particularly in embedded C.
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Good knowledge of hardware design, micro-controllers and electronics.
- Knowledge of CAN bus systems and communication protocols is an advantage but not essential.
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python is also an advantage but not essential.
A level 7 or preferably a level 8 degree in a technical, science or engineering discipline within any of the following areas: software engineering, IT, Computer science, Maths, Electronics, Applied Physics.
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment