Product Development Engineer required for our client in County Mayo
If you are a recently qualified graduate in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering with an interest in farm machinery we would be interested in hearing from you.
This position requires the successful candidate to assist in the sourcing, specifications and delivery of our product development agenda. Reporting to the Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
Sourcing of products as set out in the product development agenda.
- Prepare specifications for these products and liaise with suppliers to ensure products are fit for purpose. supplied competitively and on time
- Prepare the commercial specification in terms of pricing, packaging and presentation.
- Work closely with purchasing department to assist in the delivery of product development projects.
- Provide quality control and testing for all component products.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Purchasing / Sales department.
- Attend national agricultural trade shows.
- Third level qualification in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- Knowledge and experience of farming and farm machinery
- Keen interest in sales and marketing
- Knowledge of modern IT reporting systems
- Key skills: Organisation, planning, attention to detail
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.