We have a new role on in Co. Mayo as a Legal Accounts Assistant, see details below:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Recording & reconciling all client account transactions on a timely basis.
· Recording of all practice Income & expenditures and preparation of bi-monthly Vat reports
· Liaising with staff solicitors and legal assistants on client ledger matters.
· Production of timely debtor & creditor reports for key practice personnel.
· Preparation of year-end file for external accountants & auditors.
· Follow up with debtors.
· Anti-Money Laundering document management (essentially making sure that each file has the client’s ID passport/driver’s licence and recent utility bill and follow up with clients on this)
· Managing the Wills Safe/Register; Title Deeds Register and Critical Dates Register.
· Submission of Legal Aid payments for processing.
· 3yrs plus accounting or bookkeeping experience preferable.
· Relevant experience in solicitors accounts preferable but not essential.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively.
· Good communication skills and follow up.
· Attention to detail.
· Full Time or 3-4 days per week (negotiable)
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment