Our Client is seeking a Controls Engineer based in County Mayo
The Controls Engineer will provide automation support for new and existing processes / equipment. The role is pivotal in ensuring long term viability of manufacturing , supporting in the development and delivery of controls solutions to reduce manufacturing complexity. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), Research and Development (R&D) and Quality Assurance (QA) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
Key responsibilities of the Controls Engineer Role will include:
- Developing, tracking & communicating project plans for all control tasks in assigned projects.
- Equipment Qualification – support / lead qualification of new production equipment / processes and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Design & Implementation of testing protocols for new machines, testing that the machine vendors code and logic performs in line with User Requirement Specifications
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance of control hardware/software, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
Process Support: –
- The position will provide specialized technical support in the day-to-day operation of the assigned manufacturing processes, specifically supporting the various control systems.
- Troubleshooting problems encountered in the daily operation of the equipment
- Implementing corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution to value stream technical support staff.
- This position may, from time to time, involve out of hours support occasionally.
Primary degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent.
Number of Overall Years Necessary 3-5
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.