- Comprehensive understanding of designing and debugging Analogue and Digital circuits, microprocessors and writing C code for Microchip PIC & ST-ARM devices.
- At least 5 years design experience, prototyping, debugging, and preparing products for the marketplace.
- A Master’s degree student that has completed his final year education would be considered providing the candidate has had practical experience in electronic circuit design over his time in college.
- Experience working on high voltage PCB / Schematic layouts, up to 4-layer boards with numerous isolation regions and good grounding techniques for extremely Low Power applications is a prerequisite.
- As the company is engaged in the emerging IoT sector and especially smart IoT city technologies, experience in this space of technology would be most advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and writing and the ability to liaise with the company’s customers, suppliers, test houses (direct work on product approvals and legislative product directives) and government Industrial Development Agencies would be also viewed as helpful.
- As the company is cooperating with other like-minded companies and Universities the ability to work as part of a team, cross-functional sharing engineering knowledge and learning from those new colleagues as well as managing and motivating new members on each project along with been amicable and congenial will form an very important part of this brief.
- As the company is also an electronic manufacturer of its own designed electronic products the following will form part of this brief:
- Cooperation and assisting with the various manufacturing sections within the company.
- Preparation of Bills of Materials (BOM) for the manufacture of the designed electronic products.
- Writing electronic product specification and product reliability design test procedures.
- Design file management,
- Writing of test procedures for production.
- Training of production technicians and production test engineers.
- Designing and building electronic products design test rigs.
- BEng or B.Sc. (Honours degree in electronic engineering. (Note: Masters Considered)
- Experience in electronic product development from design stage, development, testing, product design filing and certification – all the way to product release.
- An understanding and knowledge of Health and safety requirements in the electronic laboratory and electronic manufacturing workplace.