The Automation Manager has total responsibility for the entire installed base of control and electrical systems at in Ballina that integrates the manufacturing equipment with our production and warehouse management systems.
The key responsibility of this role is to ensure maximum equipment availability to meet our production schedules ensuring that all data systems are being updated to ensure accurate financial, planning, quality control and compliance.
What you can do for us
- To performance manage the day-to-day automation team performance, ensuring on time response and resolutions for all aspects of work.
- To performance manage day to day automation equipment availability.
- To own and execute a long-term rolling systems replacement plan on a yearly basis.
- To deliver on local yearly and longer-term projects (Operation Effectiveness, , System replication, new line integration).
- To deliver on multiple high level project initiatives for cross site standardization.
- Degree Qualified in either Electrical or Chemical Engineering essential.
- Demonstrated capability to lead and manage high calibre technical professionals.
- Commercially aware of both business and operational dynamics.
- Significant experience of advanced technical engineering in a, high volume, automated manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of PLC systems, C#,SAP, Scada.
- Experience in development of metrics & reports.
- Expert on control systems and application software required.
- Self-driven, adaptable and proactive.
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills to determine key insight, observations, and recommendations.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience of change management in a team-based environment
What We Can Do For You
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
- Global Connections: Allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP);
Microsoft Office; Lean Manufacturing;
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP);
Quality Control (QC);
Continuous Improvement (CI)
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.