Our Client leading the wind energy industry is seeking a Wind Turbine/Electrician Document Specialist.
Option for hybrid/Remote work
This will involve the adaptation of existing materials, seamlessly adding to, or updating as products evolve along with the creation of new documents.
You will be reporting to the Electrical Manager, the Technical Author’s role will be to provide support in the creation of technical documents and controlling their issue, storage, and review.
Main Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
- Undertake the duties of Authorising Engineer under (AE)
- Compilation of Approved Written Procedures (AWP’s) & Routine Operating Procedures (ROP’s)
- Writing of method statements & other technical documents related to wind turbine systems and
- The upkeep of logs & records relating to document revisions &
- Carry out custodian duties for authorisation lists & technical document
- Evaluate & appraise source technical information & convert into UK/IE specific document
- To immediately report to a manager, all health & safety concerns & any near misses which may
- When required, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK and IE on a frequent basis to maintain system knowledge and
- Be able to work autonomously on multiple projects, prioritising accordingly as priorities
- Maintain close links with other AE’s in the business to ensure any issues are rectified rapidly.
- To ensure & maintain an excellent working relationship, close communication & sharing of information with other
- Take a pro-active approach to ensure that technical understanding is undiminished with time and to complete & suggest training & development opportunities where necessary /
- Coordination of the production of technical work
Qualifications and Profile:
- Must have Wind turbine Experience
- Electrical Engineering background preferred
- Minimum Level 3 Electrical Qualification is essential with;
- Experience of the production of technical information in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to the project or customer requirements.
- Experience of Turbine electrical systems would be beneficial
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.