Our Client, a large M+E Contractor with significant operations across Ireland is currently recruiting a Junior/Graduate Health & Safety Advisor to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Create a positive approach to accident prevention and protection of the environment and will initiate and maintain positive measures to raise safety, health and environmental standards and awareness.
- Assist with Inspections of site operations and premises in order to determine whether the law is being complied with and whether the highest standards of safety, health and environmental protection, which is reasonably practicable to attain, are being achieved.
- Provide the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager with information on the safety, health and environmental performance of individual sites and other workplaces. This information will include details of compliance levels, accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and any external correspondence received.
- In conjunction with the management team, investigate the causes of accidents and dangerous occurrences and will collate and record this information.
- Assist management teams to prepare and review risk assessments/method statements for given work activities.
- Familiarize themselves with all current legislation, codes of practice, standards and guidance affecting safety, health and the environment.
- Support the Company’s managers and employees, at all levels, in their efforts to improve the safety, health and environmental performance and will set a good personal example.
Necessary Skills & Requirements:
- Third-level education in health and safety or related discipline is required
- Qualification in manual handling instruction would be an advantage
- Assist in delivering training modules to all levels of the organisation to include, first aid, manual handling and fire warden training.
- Highly motivated and meticulous in attention to profession standards
- Ability to work in a team environment and can engage, motivate and work with people
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills
- Excellent communication skills
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.