Controls Engineer required for our client in Co.Cork.
As Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of complex control systems for automation equipment.
A successful controls engineer will work on challenging, innovative projects within a highly technical and collaborative working group.
Key Responsibilities for Controls Engineer:
- Develop and Debug machine control programs including PLC/HMI/Robotics/Motion Control/Vision/etc.
- Involvement in research, development, and implementation of new control technologies
- Work within the wider engineering group to develop concepts and specifications for equipment from User Requirement
- Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of build and debug of
- Responsible for completing controls aspects of projects within the schedule and
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Develop relationships with suppliers for equipment/component
- Responsibility for design, commissioning, and safety of controls
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU
- Meeting project deliverables and deadlines
Key Requirements for Controls Engineer
- Min 5 years relevant experience working on the creation of machine control
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering
- Experience in robotics (ABB, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Epson)
- Experience of machine vision (Cognex, Keyence)
- Ability to program AB Control Logix, Siemens S7
- Familiar with configuring, commissioning, and debugging common machine networks and drive
- Must be keenly interested in engineering technology and remaining knowledgeable about the cutting edge of automation
- Excellent communication skills are vital to communicating effectively on job specifications, technical direction, and issues
- Must be a self-starter with good attention to detail, willing to take ownership and responsibility to realise project milestones and
- Project management experience advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering
- Current driving license and ability to travel as required
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.