We are seeking an Automation Engineer for our established client.
This position is Hybrid role with some travel required to sites in Connacht.
This position will include responsibility for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up assistance
- Working from an FDS or control philosophy to develop an IO list, hardware specification and PLC HMI programmes
- Set up modem links, radio links, web based remote SCADA access, control server set-up and maintenance
- On site commissioning of PLC system with electrical commissioning engineers
- Implement code changes on the automation systems under change control where required
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to process engineers and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with guidelines
- Generate documentation and SOPs associated with each of the automation systems as required
- Provide support to tendering department on Automation projects – specifying hardware, programming time etc
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in industry, preferably in a water, wastewater or related industry
- Experienced with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and vision systems in operating environment
- Also looking for graduates
Working knowledge of following;
- PLCs & HMIs: Allen Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Schneider & Unitronics
- Field bus/Communication protocols: CanBus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, CC-link, Modbus, Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP, ProfiNet.
- SCADA Packages: Wonderware Intouch, Indusoft, Citect, Broadwin, Iconics and OPC Servers
- M2M Platforms: leased line, GSM, GPRS/3G, broadband, fibre and radio modems and telemetry
- Structured Query Language (SQL), Web Browser, VB script, SMS functionality
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.