Our Client a General Building Contractor in Limerick is seeking a Project Manager to join their team. They operate in various construction sectors with excellent opportunities for career growth. Ideally it would suit a candidate with 5+ years experience.
- Day-to-day Project management of the projects under your control, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of subcontractors
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the works are delivered in the safest manner possible, with the support of the Site Manager, EHS Advisor and Contracts Manager, in accordance with all legislative requirements
- Ensure contractors on site execute works as per their approved method statement & risk assessment
- Giving daily site briefings to the workforce prior to starting work. This is vital to ensure interface risks between subcontractors are safely managed
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Reporting of all safety incidents and/or accidents to the Safety Advisor & Company Directors in strict accordance with company protocols
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for construction activities as required
- Help the company achieve our goal of Zero Harm on all our worksites to all our workers and third parties we interface with
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects both from a time scale & commercial prospective.
- The recruitment of effective project teams.
- The organisation of work programmes – including updating and tracking programmes on a two weekly basis or as required on the specific contract.
- Coordinating project and site managers on a variety of sites.
- Ensuring that the highest levels of H&S, Quality and Environmental standards are met.
- Implement the Company’s Cost & Value Management procedures and ensure that all necessary commercial reports are produced accurately and in a timely fashion to upper management.
- Work closely with the Directors and Project Managers to support and recommend strategies, to identify any potential risks or issues and to find an appropriate resolution.
- Ensure effective procurement and supply chain management.
- Serve as the point of contact for the company on all contractual matters.
- Act as contractual “middleman” between company employees and clients, ensuring timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, progress reports and programme and other documents for all projects.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations.
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Handle on-going issue and change management.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- To identify underperforming projects and develop a business plan to address and manage issues effectively.
- To collate and provide constructive feedback on standards to the business.
- To ensure that the visual presentation of all projects represents the brand image.
- To create a positive environment that results in stable retention and a reduction of staff turnover.
- To be relentless in reducing costs on your projects; reviewing all cost lines and optimising processes and resources.
- To support the management of staff competence and activities so as to optimise and sustain business growth and performance and client satisfaction.
- To ensure that all sites adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures.
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop
- Health Insurance
For further information please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment by email at [email protected], by mobile on 087 2348835.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.