We are seekig to recruit a Financial Accountant in Castlebar, Co. Mayo
- Responsible for day-to-day aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting.
- Management of day-to-day financial operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results in line with the business strategy.
- Monitoring of financial performance by measuring and analysing financial results, initiating corrective actions and minimising forecast to actual variances.
- Support cashflow planning and forecasting, cash investment, and asset management.
- Oversee in-country evaluator payments and work with partner ‘payment rails’ teams and systems to ensure efficient and timely payment disbursement.
- Participate in developing short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Remain up to date on audit best practices. Oversee the accounting function to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the company; support the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Preparation of VAT returns and ensuring compliance with Revenue obligations.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as the Managing Director may request from time to time.
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA or CPA qualified / part-qualified accountant.
- Demonstrated, verifiable knowledge of all aspects of a finance function.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- A working knowledge of Xero, Sage or similar online accounting platforms.
- You possess a deep intellectual curiosity: always asking questions and regularly updating and refreshing your knowledge.
- You are energetic, love working with teams, both physically proximate and virtually remote.
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment