Maintenance Technician required for our client in County Sligo.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a wide range of mechanical process equipment and optimizing plant performance. The role also features monitoring of plant services and maintaining equipment and process records for plant systems.
- Provide high level technical support in a high volume processing environment.
- Troubleshooting equipment related process problems and equipment failures and carry out repairs.
- Participate in planned preventative maintenance programmes.
- Maintain accurate data for equipment analysis.
- Support Engineering and Production staff on continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure that a safe working environment for self, work colleagues and equipment is maintained at all times and apply good house-keeping skills
- Maximize the plant’s Production Capacity whilst minimizing the costs.
- Welding experience essential.
- A good working knowledge of hydraulics / pneumatics is required and an ability to read engineering drawings.
- Experience of working in a Lean Manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Have the ability to work efficiently and effectively on own initiative and as part of a Team.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the business from time to time. Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience and ability in mechanical assembly and fault finding on automated equipment.
- A good understanding of plant service systems (steam, compressed air, etc) is required
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the business from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Will have a relevant FAS Mechanical Time-served Apprenticeship and hold a Senior Trade qualification or equivalent.
- 4+ years post qualification experience in similar role.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.