We are seeking a Senior Technical Sales Manager.
This is a nationwide position for our Mayo Client.
- Develop sales strategy for company.
- Procure new business in line with agreed targets.
- Developing relationships with clients.
- Identify the key decision makers with new clients and turn this into new business.
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets.
- Identifying sales channels globally either direct or distribution.
- Identifying sub-contractor to install globally to be used as partners.
- Manage all customers quotation and pricing in timely manner with the help of take offs from Engineering Department.
- Increasing business opportunities globally through various routes to market End users/Consultants/Contractors etc.
- Accurately forecast monthly/quarterly sales and deliver this sales revenue forecast to the CEO/MD on monthly basis.
- Recruiting and training sales staff when required.
- Monitor sales team’s performance and motivate them to reach targets
- Compiling and analysing sales figures.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research.
- Contribute to product and market analysis and research by providing effective feedback to the CEO/MD.
- Assist in developing the marketing strategy and sales promotion plans for the company.
- Assist in identifying and managing social media channels and implement social media plans for marketing, new projects, and events.
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Review customer satisfaction surveys and address any issues that arise.
- Carry out full due diligence on all new customers and develop a customer approval process.
- Monitor on-going credit terms with all customers and liaise with credit controller on an on-going basis.
- Attend monthly management/sales meetings.
- Account manage projects for variations onsite.
- Account manage projects from startup handover to engineering and be involved on all kick-offs start meeting internally and externally (internal contractors and external contractors).
- Project manage & plan sub-contractors to negotiate pricing.
- You may be required from time to time to attend onsite meetings to represent company.
- Manage and create P&Ls for all projects.
- Any meetings must be minuted and minutes issued to the compnaies management team and follow up meetings if required for action.
- Submit a weekly status report and monthly reports to the CEO/MD.
- You will be expected to travel internationally as business requires
Requirements / Background /Qualifications
1. Background dealing with technical buyers, especially engineering executives and end users. Selling to or having sold consulting engineers will be a very good advantage.
2. A technical qualification, ideally in engineering/ construction / building services and / or you have developed a high level of technical capability through proven experience in an industrial setting.
3. Proven business development skills, selling to senior technical (engineering) stakeholders, executives and decision-makers.
4. Experience in a technical sector, ideally construction / building services related.
5. You need to be able to work independently and take ownership of making sales happen.
6. Experience working / selling outside of Ireland, especially in a technical environment is an advantage and / or working with or in the multinational sector.
7. Selling a margin-based product is an advantage, as is a background selling in an environment where margin can be defended and increased.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.