Our client is a multinational manufacturer based in Mayo who looking for an experienced Software Engineer II.
The Software Engineer II is an application development position that works closely with the Lead Architect and the development team to develop and maintain critical software applications for Manufacturing Execution and ERP systems. Familiarity with Microsoft technologies and applications is essential to success. We need highly motivated individuals who are interested in learning new technologies and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with development and testing of software applications.
- Analyze data to effectively meet the needs of business users.
- Work closely with end users and cross-functional departments.
- Ensure continued functionality of software during maintenance and testing efforts
- Work within defined processes for the software development lifecycle
- Communicate within the team during SCRUM sessions
- Implement and apply best practices and SOP’s.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
The ideal candidate will be required and use the following technologies. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, other technologies may be added:
- C#/.NET Core/.NET Framework
- Microsoft Visual Studio IDE/Visual Studio Code
- REST API
- Entity Framework or LINQ
- Micro services (containers)
- Net Web Forms
- Azure DevOps
- Desktop Forms Application Development
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Integration/UI Testing
- Reporting Services (SSRS)
Education & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is desirable.
- 3 – 5 years of software development experience is required.
- Excellent team player with good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in the English Language
- Ability to multitask and independently solve complex issues.
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems and learn new technology.
- Knowledge of databases and system data integration concepts.
- The ability to collect, evaluate, and document detailed information.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable.