We are seeking to recruit a Retail Manager. In this position you will be fully responsible for the operational and commercial management of two retail outlets, ensuring excellent customer service and profitability.
- Develop annual Operational Business Plan and budget for the Retail outlets.
- Monitor and report on KPIs (e.g. sales, turnover, wages, headcount, waste) on a regular basis.
- Manage store merchandising ensuring appropriate “value” image is portrayed in line with company procedures.
- Organise special promotions, displays and events in conjunction with retail staff.
- Monitor trends and feedback and report to management on regular basis.
- Manage and motivate the retail team to increase sales and ensure efficiency, championing essential and advanced selling skills.
- Embed a continuous improvement ethos and drive change.
- Ensure high shop floor standards are maintained within the retail outlets.
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and managed within retail units.
- Ensure that all cash handling procedures are carried out and reconciled in accordance with company procedures.
Planning, Stock levels and Standards
- Work with the Retail Supervisors and Retail Stock Controller in managing stock levels and make key decisions about stock control.
- Oversee the management of product ordering and liaise with suppliers in managing deliveries and ensuring suppliers orders, deliveries and returns are managed & signed off accurately.
- Develop proactive and good working relationships with suppliers and implement annual rebate initiatives.
- Benchmark retail product range, pricing and services against comparative airports and other outlets to develop competitive advantage.
- Ensure best practice and organisation of retail storeroom areas from a stock category and management system.
- In the case of chilled products, ensure that all HACCP requirements are adhered to in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- 3+ years Manager/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, with people responsibility and strong working knowledge of general retail practices and procedures.
- Strong business acumen and financial awareness with the ability to anticipate and react to market changes.
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets as well as working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets.
- An enthusiastic leader with the ability to lead, develop and motivate the team to achieve results
- Passionate about customer service and act as a role model in offering the ultimate shopping experience.
- Flexible and adaptable with ability to switch between planning focus and on the ground hands-on approach.
- Experience in working with retail IT systems.
- Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills required.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment