Our Client requires an R&D Project Engineer to join their team in Mayo.
Core tasks for R&D Project Engineer
- There will be main focus to deliver a project to redesign a polymer flange that will eliminate condensation of vapours and chemical laden air.
- Following initial polymer materials research, create a realistic lab-based test protocol that will be needed to be established to simulate these.
- Lead the research of new materials that could be used to develop product offerings.
- Develop design guides, reports, and processes currently in place.
- Liaise with independent test houses to perform various product development tests.
- Research all safety and performance standards in the ventilation industry and further develop documentation to show compliance and quality standards.
- Research new technologies and systems (Fourth Industrial Revolution) and develop plans and methods they can benefit the company in the next 1,2,5,10 years.
Other responsibilities include for R&D Project Engineer:
- Always maintaining the Company’s interests.
- Understand and apply our QEHS policies statement in all aspects of your work.
- Contribute towards achieving company objectives that are of relevance to your work.
- Implementation of company Health and Safety policy.
- Comply with QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, and procedures and maintain document information/complete forms/records as required
Essential Criteria R&D Project Engineer:
- Hons Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Industrial experience in Polymers/polymer manufacturing.
- Strong ability to create reports and instructional guides.
- Strong material science background.
- Creative thinking, problem-identifying, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of using SolidWorks, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Strong team player with great communication skills.
- Knowledge of Product development & evaluation; Data analysis, Analytical techniques, and project management.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Language: English to expert level for the business.
For more information Contact Mairead at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.