Our client, a Manufacturer based in Mayo, is seeking to recruit a Graduate Design Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Applications Engineering team, you will develop, design, optimise and implement solutions for the industries we serve. Throughout this process you will interface with all facets of our organisation including Quality, Operations, Engineering, Production, Sales and Supply Chain to ensure that the solutions which are developed meet the needs of our customer base while at the same time being compatible with the regulatory environment, we function in. As a Graduate Engineer you will be tasked with training and development along with specific, project-based endeavours that may include the following:
Education and/or experience:
A minimum 2.1 Honours Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Materials Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
Industry experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to utilise basic computer skills is essential including the use of word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to various tasks.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to internal parties as well as those external to the organisation.
- AutoCAD and 3D modelling software experience.
- Experience with project management software and databases.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to tasks such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment