We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Administrator on behalf of our client in Co. Mayo
Main purpose of role
Monitoring and controlling stock to ensure that the organization has the right amount of inventory to meet customer’s needs and to avoid overstocking certain items.
- Provider Excellent customer Service to both Internal and External customers
- Assist in the preparation of forecasting, ordering, scheduling of all inventory orders with suppliers in close collaboration with all departments but especially the relevant sales, warehousing operations and accounts payable personnel.
- Create good working relationships with suppliers, carriers / couriers and all staff to ensure the smooth operation of the purchasing function
- Ensure the qualification of suppliers and outsourced providers and purchase of products and services are operated in accordance with Quality Guidelines
- Ensure all purchasing, process and procedures are operated in accordance with our Quality Management and Health & Safety Management systems at all times
- Ensure all landed costs and any other associated costs by supplier are updated and review regularly with management.
- Ensure pricing is updated to current supplier pricing and monitored regularly while maintaining margin.
- Ensure all product green credentials are established and source new and more environmentally friendly products.
- Execute all aspects of the purchasing process with regular engagement with sales departments to record and respond to changes in demand trends.
- Ensure back orders are reduced and monitored so that customers expectations can be fulfilled.
- Coordinate, schedule and execute all aspects of orders from the placement of the order, carriage in, to Goods In, to payment.
- Assist in the preparation of all necessary daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to manage, measure, control and improve the efficiency of all Purchasing functions. Contribute to the creation of action plans which accompany these reports in order to drive the culture of Lean Methodology, continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant stock to maximize availability of working capital.
- Good organisation skills with attention to detail
- Good communication with the ability to present information clearly
- Excellent listening skills which will enable you to recommend individual specific solutions based on, evidence and justification.
- Ability to make decisive balanced decisions in a commercially focused manner.
- Experience of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Positive, team orientated focus
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment