Our client are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager for our Mayo based primary production facility with responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety on site.
The successful candidate will be based at our Ballyhaunis facility and will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and executing H&S objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with Site Operations Management and Divisional H&S Manager;
- Support site supervisors with the investigation of H&S incidents/accidents at the site. Where necessary, leading the investigation process and/or collaborating with senior management on serious incidents;
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders such as Human Resources, Food Safety & Quality, Engineering and Operations departments with regards to H&S issues/concerns and address in a timely manner;
- Identifying site H&S training needs and deliver training sessions for employees and management as required;
- Managing the induction process for new starters across the site;
- Liaising with relevant authorities and bodies such as the Health & Safety Authority etc as necessary;
- Ensuring all employees, contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with H&S and Covid19 requirements of the site;
- Conducting internal audits and ensuring the site is audit ready at all times.
The ideal candidate will have or demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge of H&S Legislation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- A relevant third level qualification;
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential;
- Manual Handling Instructor and Forklift Instructor qualifications would be beneficial.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.