Our established Client is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Lead (EHS Lead)
EHS Manger will be the point person for reporting site metrics on EH&S to the site General Managers and Executive Teams.
The EHS Leader will drive a culture of safety at the Mayo based plant utilising a collaborative approach and will ensure that all incidents are rigorously investigated to root cause implementation of countermeasures.
- The Management of all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) activities within the company, including installation projects and activities at Ireland locations. Drive projects to actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Management, development and co-ordination of the EHS team.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plan for EHS, and implement in conjunction with departmental management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure continuous improvement of the system.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems and ensure the company complies with all applicable regulations.
- Drive continual improvement of EHS performance and internal EHS processes.
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to enforcement.
- Liaise with relevant statutory bodies and consultants regarding EHS matters.
- Work with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce to manage EHS.
- Chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of EHS documentation and ensuring the Integrated Management System is updated with the most recent documents. Manage and co-ordinate the development, review, update and issuing of EHS documentation as necessary.
- Be the EHS champion for project work and ensure all new equipment, contractors and visitors to site comply with legislation and audits are conducted to check compliance.
- Liaise with Insurance providers regarding all visits and manage any actions generated, be the link between site and insurance providers.
- Deliver training and coaching on key EHS topics as necessary.
- Manage all complaints regarding EHS issues.
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders and continually strive to improve overall EHS performance.
- Developing specific site Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site Induction and Safe of Systems of Work for eland Ireland locations and remote working where applicable.
- Manage the hazardous waste materials and ensure compliance to LCC IPPC license requirements.
- Ensure waste is managed and disposed in a proper manner and all documentation and records are maintained, kept up to date and filed away as appropriate.
- Carry out occupational monitoring e.g. noise monitoring.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include:
- Be accountable for sites EHS and represent management in all matters relating to EHS.
- Grows a culture of behavior-based safety.
- Take a lead role in working with internal safety committee and training efforts.
- Instill a sense of self-responsibility for safety among Colleagues. Ensure the safety of the Colleagues and safe use of the equipment. Support the safety processes and programs of the Plant.
- Liaise and represent company management in communications with external bodies such as the HSA (e.g., reporting lost time accidents).
- Establish priorities for development of hazard control programs and participates in their implementation.
- Direct large scale EH&S related emergency situations.
- Set the direction for the site ERT.
- Manage and ensure that the environmental system requirements are established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the ISO 14001 Standard.
- Reports on the performance of the environmental management system to top management for review and as a basis for improvement of the environmental system.
- Create a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement, focused and data based.
- Build a high performing, skilled EHS team to instil ownership of Plant EHS objectives through communication and training and development of Colleagues.
- Model the Corporate Values and Principles, including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture, providing high expectations and high support.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.