In response to the growth, recent expansion and product launches a new opportunity has arisen for a Control Systems Engineer for our client in Mayo.
This role presents an ideal opportunity for a candidate who wishes to be part of a dynamic, innovative, and developing international company.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
- To implement the systems and structures required to develop/write software and hardware for machine control using Codesys V2.3 and V3.5.
- Understand, create, edit, and deploy PLC application software to ISO 61131 parts 1-10
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee software and hardware development. (Design, build, test).
- Create and design the required design documents.
- Provide and maintain detailed electrical drawings.
- Managing several projects at once.
- Provide solutions to quality issues.
- Ensuring compliance with audits, certifications, and regulations (Safety regulations or other).
- Support to engineering and production in all instances.
- Ability to produce reports, monitor progress and analyse data.
- Work with sales team to help deliver competitive & innovative solutions to the industry as directed by the MD.
- Provision of training material and diagnostic for product support and distributors/dealers/end users.
- Assembly, testing, debugging & repairing of R&D electronic control systems.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of PLC controllers and PLC software. Ideally Codesys but not essential. Training will be given where required.
- Broad Machine knowledge (e.g basics of hydraulics/ pneumatics and electrical systems).
- Working knowledge of electrical signals e.g. 4-20mA analogue, PWM etc.
- IEC6113-3 programming (ladder logic, function block diagram, structured text).
- Communications protocols such as CAN, CANOpen, ISOBUS, Ethernet/TCP.
- Planning, organization, and project management skills to be able run and monitor the product development.
- Attention to detail and priorities, high standards, results focused and ensuring consistent quality.
- Technically-minded with mechanical aptitude for problem solving and improvements.
- Able to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting demanding and changing deadlines.
- A leader, team player and builder, decision maker with clear communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Third level qualification in related field.
- IT literate and numeric.
- Managing Director – Product Development
- R&D Senior Manager
- Financial – Technical & R&D
- Engineering – Product design and production engineers.
- Production – Making products (software & Hardware) production ready
- Sales personal – take customer/end user feedback and provide solutions and developments to meet their requirements.
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.