Our Client a Mechanical Contractor in Mayo is seeking a Junior BIM Engineer to join their team. They operate in various construction sectors with excellent opportunities for career growth. Ideally it would suit a candidate with 3+ years experience.
As a Junior BIM Engineer you will be assisting the BIM Manager in the following tasks:
· Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
· Production of 3D model files through Revit.
· Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
· Ensuring that detailed model files are co-ordinated and clash free by clashing against federated model on a constant basis
· Taking direct instructions from BIM lead on all design issues
· Administration of Vault files
· Clash detection of submitted files
· Ensure all files submitted in correct format
· Attend weekly co-ordination meetings when requested
· Support all parties working within the BIM process
· Assist with clash resolutions on site
· Verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements
· Confers with project engineer and project management staff to resolve problems and explain drawings to production or construction teams providing adjustments as necessary
· Production of all verified record drawings
· Site surveying & verification as required
· Production of all 2D project drawings
· Updating and administrating of all co-ordination documents registers and drawings
· Assist with tenders and other drawing requirements from the business unit.
- Work within a designated project working as part of a project team
- Gain knowledge of mechanical systems with regard to 3D co-ordination
- Develop knowledge of onsite co-ordination, fabrication and construction
- Attend co-ordination meetings and develop communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with good commercial acumen
- A team player who is a good multi-tasker and flexible in adapting to the demands of challenging project environments
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
· Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience preferably in a Mechanical Engineering role.
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.