Our Client, a construction company in Cork requires a EHS Manager to join their team. This role will involve travel to locations in Ireland.
About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the EHS Manager will oversee the EHS function and will work on a number of key projects nationwide. They will be responsible for the managing, monitoring, improving and enforcing of the environmental health and safety standards across the business, with the support of the wider team of EHS site representatives.
Key duties of the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the EHS system to ensure full implementation across all projects and all sites.
- Develop and implement guidelines, processes and documentation to support the Company in ad- dressing and enforcing the required standards, within both health & safety and environmental legislation.
- Maintain and hold responsibility for auditing and maintaining the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) by applying auditing standards, procedures, principles, and techniques.
- Maintain and hold responsibility for ensuring continued compliance to all regulatory and ISO standards, namely ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO45001.
- Prepare and inspect both Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation.
- Conduct both administrative and site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Observe personnel to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees.
- Assist with incident investigations and utilization of root cause analysis processes.
- Be proactive in identifying both positive and negative events, while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective and preventive measures.
- Manage & maintain employee training records in conjunction with relevant colleagues.
- Create & develop content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be organised and efficient, pay strong attention to detail, be a good communicator and have previous experience working in a similar environment.
- Have a relevant 3rd level qualification. A Masters in the area of Health & Safety would be distinctly advantageous.
- Possess an excellent level of knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Preferably have qualifications in the following areas – First Aid and Manual Handling.
- Have knowledge in preparing for and the conducting of internal audits, as well as knowledge in preparing for externally-conducted regulatory and ISO audits.
- Have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction industries.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports.
- Be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
- Have a positive attitude with a passion to succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability.
- The ability to lead and contribute comfortably as part of a team.
For further information on this please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.