Our Client a General Multidisciplinary Engineering Contractor in Connacht is seeking a Civil Technician to join their team. They operate across various sectors with excellent opportunities for career growth. Ideally it would suit a candidate with 2+ years experience.
- You will hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Project Engineer, a minimum 4+ years’ relevant work experience in a design consultancy in Ireland. Design Engineers 2+ years relevant work Experience.
- Competent at structural engineering design in all common materials including concrete and steel.
- Civil/Structural Design Experience on building projects (residential, mixed use developments, industrial and commercial) in the public & private sector.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector would be an advantage.
- Proficient in structural design to Eurocodes and British Standards.
- Ability to liaise with members of design / construction teams.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines working as part of a team.
- Experience and knowledge of Structural Design Software, AutoCad, Microsoft Office applications.
- Advantage to be proficient in MicroStation & Rebar; Microdrainage or other Utility programs for Drainage and Structural design software.
- Excellent verbal and written (English) communication skills.
As a member of the Structural Engineering Team, you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Site inspections.
- Preparation and Review of detailed design calculations and reports.
- Preparation of contract specifications and drawings.
- Liaison with REVIT & CAD technicians to produce drawings that accurately reflect design outputs.
- Contribute to the project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Direct communication and meetings with Clients.
- Implementing the company’s ISO policies and procedures.
- Assist in the Preparation of tenders for new work.
- An excellent salary commensurate to the successful candidate’s experience and suitability
- Professional membership fees.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- A defined career path with clear objectives and progression structure.
- A strong CPD commitment.
- The opportunity to work and grow in a dynamic and growing division of design and Project Management professionals.
For further information please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment by email at [email protected], by mobile on 087 2348835.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.