Our Client a General Building Contractor specialising in Pharmaceutical Construction in Limerick is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their team. The company has an extensive portfolio of Clients. Ideally it would suit a candidate with 6+ years experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Implementing design review, making and recording changes to designs and disseminating those changes to the relevant parties.
- Physical presence required at work fronts to review the implementation of designs and seek efficiencies and improvements of the design delivery.
- Support the Project Manager to achieve the contract program
- Ensure RAMS & ITPs are completed in conjunction with progression of works
- Ensure NCRs and defects are actioned and closed out
- Regular liaison with Project Manager to ensure that subcontractor works are delivered
- Consult where appropriate Health & Safety standards to ensure that all safety standards are followed.
- Monitor sub-contractors safety standards and ensure that they comply with the company’s standards.
Experience & qualifications
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction, plus significant and relevant experience.
- 10 years’ experience of Engineering Design Co-Ordination of large scale technical investment projects of a Civil Engineering or heavy Construction nature or similar works on a Pharmaceutical site.
- In-depth knowledge of Construction regulations.
- Experience of Temporary works Design process is an advantage
- Thorough knowledge and relevant experience in the civil/construction industry and project engineering.
- Proficient at preparing reports
- Specialist knowledge in their expert domain
- Thorough knowledge (legal, technical, functional) of Construction management.
- English speaking
- Eligible to work in the EU. This position will not support visa sponsorship therefore please do not apply if this is required
We provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.
- Competitive Salaries
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid Private Healthcare
- Paid family leave
- Increasing Annual leave with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Employee saver scheme
- Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance providedEmployee Assistance Programm
- Supporting your work life balance
- Flexibility of working hours
- Physical and mental wellness e.g. Fresh fruit, running and sports clubs, social events
For further information please contact Thomas White in Arcon Recruitment by email at [email protected], by mobile on 087 2348835.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.