Our client a Contractor based in Westmeath is seeking a Contracts Manager looking to work closely with the Managing Director covering Residential Sites nationwide.
NB – Travel will be required for this role and a company vehicle will be provided.
Excellent communication and negotiating skills with a proven record working on major projects within the Irish / UK industry. You will be responsible for delivering project on time, within budget to the highest quality and safety standards.
- Project Management, in compliance with company policies, procedures and Building Regulations
- Good knowledge & understanding of the GCCC Form of Contract as well as RIAI Standard Forms of Contract
- Good knowledge & understanding of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Good technical knowledge of building processes and details
- Ensure compliance with Quality, Environment & Health & Safety Management System to ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme, budget & specification.
- Oversee Site Meetings with the Design Team & Subcontractors
- Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors
- Monitor construction, with regard to quality of workmanship and materials
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Construction Team to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
- Chair & recording of meeting with sub-contractors, design teams or the like
- Close liaison with the Project QS to monitor cost control, identify variations and procurement of subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely
- Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
- Production and revision of the contract and sub contract programmes
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services i.e. site diary, RFI’s, Emails, Contractors Reports, Programme etc
- Ideally degree qualified with a Minimum
- Motivated individual with excellent negotiation/communication skills, confidence to “think on your feet” and strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, including Planning Software – Microsoft Project, Asta or the like would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of CAD
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment.
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January of this year, heading up the construction division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.