Our client is seeking to recruit Maintenance Fitters in their manufacturing facility in Donegal.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager this role will involve responsibility for maintaining a wide range of mechanical process equipment and optimizing plant performance. The role also features monitoring of plant services and maintaining equipment and process records according to plant systems.
- Integrate as part of the Maintenance team to deliver support for operations.
- Carry out all work keeping safety, quality and output to the fore in a food Process/Packaging equipment environment.
- Deliver with the other Maintenance team members a reliable centred maintenance function with best practices including as per the Preventative Maintenance Recommendations.
- Work within the Maintenance team to ensure a proactive approach to maintenance.
- Maintain accurate maintenance data and close out assigned work on PPM system
- Timely and effective trouble shooting of day to day equipment and system issues.
- Be flexible in the position and be prepared to take on weekend work when planned or in a breakdown situation.
The ideal candidate will have
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly desirable
- Ideally be multi skilled engineer ie electrical and mechanical
- Be energetic with excellent time management skills to allow accurate execution of tasks
- Ability to work proactively in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with Continuous Improvement and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Ability for basic fault finding on PLC controlled machines
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment