Arcon Recruitment is delighted to be working with an award-winning company who are seeking a Contracts Manager To lead and provide technical leadership to process and MEICA engineering aspects of the business across all markets.
The contracts Manager role will involve the management and successful implementation of company strategies for delivery for our Clients, reporting to the Managing / Contracts Director on the performance of the DBOM and DB contracts, application engineering/proposal support, and continuing and fostering the culture of innovation within the organisation.
39-hour working week, Early finish on Fridays, 21 days annual leave, 10 bank holidays, Healthcare and pension after 2 years of service, depending on the role van, fuel card laptop and phone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the technical leadership on projects in terms of developing and managing people and tasks, managing project budgets, scope and risk
- Perform concept, preliminary and detailed design of water/wastewater treatment plants based on given data and achieve the desired treatment criteria, both at tender stage and through to the contract stage.
- Lead Process and MEICA Design and Build aspects of our extensive project portfolio to meet and exceed our client requirements.
- Actively support, develop, train, and provide guidance to staff within the process engineering and wider project group.
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions, and successful project outcomes for clients
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients to continue and expand the provision of added value services process control and optimisation to the industry.
- Support the Contracts Managers and Project Managers, and other engineering aspects of the projects and ensure client satisfaction.
- Develop and approve drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required
- Develop and approve PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams) and P&IDs (Process & instrumentation Drawings)
- Develop and present technical presentations/method statement on in-house projects to promote Company water & wastewater capabilities for client meetings. Continue the successful development of corporate identity through industry awards and technical presentations
- Development and adoption of standards in design to streamline engineering tasks
- Assisting the Estimating Department in building up the cost and manage the vendors
- Continue to push the boundaries of innovative and R&D in-house projects to roll out new process engineering applications within the industry
- Assist and develop mentoring programmes within the company
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering, within 8+ years of experience in water/wastewater process engineering
- Have reach chartered status or similar experience in relevant field
- Have experience within the industry and be familiar with EU directives and UK, NI and Irish regulations
- Have a proven track record in the successful delivery of complex process and MEICA projects involving water and/or wastewater process solutions, with a focus on both CAPEX and OPEX efficiencies
- Have a proven track record of implementing innovative process engineering solutions and R&D projects with proven return on investment
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work on multiple assignments
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite & Excel
- Proven ability of working in, and leading, teams of multi-disciplinary engineers
For more information Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.