An exciting opportunity for a reliable and experienced Quantity Surveyor is required for our Client’s Established Civil engineering company.
You will join our experienced team working on a large civil project in County Meath. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Commercial Director and project team and will be responsible for managing the Quantity Surveying functions of the contract to maximize commercial success and profitability.
This is an excellent opportunity for career-driven individuals to grow and develop within one of Ireland’s fastest-growing engineering companies.
- Monitoring and maintaining reporting arrangements, resources and client relationships.
- All Quantity Surveying duties include re-measurement, preparation of monthly progress applications and settlement of final accounts.
- Preparation of interim progress applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Procurement of subcontractors and specialist suppliers.
- Interim payments and settlement of subcontractors’ final account.
- Negotiate with client representatives and other consultants.
- Advise on commercial risks within the project.
- Preparation of monthly contract cost reports and management accounts information.
- Preparation of Cost Preliminaries.
- Ensure that subcontract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
- Experience in a similar Quantity Surveying role.
- Broad knowledge of Public Works contracts
- A third-level qualification in a construction-related discipline, preferably Quantity Surveying.
- Experience in the utility/civil engineering sector.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in water infrastructure projects would be a distinct advantage.
Attractive salary packages along with additional company benefits based on experience.
For more information Contact Thomas at Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January 2020, heading up the Construction and Engineering division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.