Our client is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to join their team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and motivate Team Leads and Operators within the Warehouse environment.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems..
- Monitor and maintain inventory in cooperation with Supply Chain to ensure vital inventory is in stock for manufacturing orders.
- Conducts regular internal audits/cycle counts to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Communicate with Supply Chain, Manufacturing/Cleanroom, Quality, and Finance departments to ensure materials and supplies are available on time with sufficient quality to be released to production.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste and optimise customer service.
- Work with Supply Chain to meets with transportation carrier representatives to determine cost and service issues that involve transportation and distribution. Determines the most cost-effective methods and reports findings.
- Responding to and dealing with customer communication by email and telephone
- Working with other functions to plan for / action future capacity requirements.
- A minimum of four years of warehouse experience, including at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems as they arise, with the ability to use lean / six sigma or other problem-solving methodologies.
- Level 7 qualification in Business, Management, Production, Engineering or related discipline would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated excellent people management skills, be a team player while leading, coaching and training a team and have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Must be comfortable building spreadsheets and organizing and presenting data, using pivot tables, building formulas, etc.
For more information please contact Maria at Arcon Recruitment