We are seeking a Research & Development Mechanical Engineer required for a Mayo-based multinational company.
Key responsibilities for Research & Development Mechanical Engineer:
- Report writing and preparing presentations to communicate findings
- Development of new products and processes, and interfacing with Sales, Quality, Maintenance, and Operations functions.
- Evaluates new machinery and technology
- Providing customers with advanced materials solutions to meet their product development and process improvement needs
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance
- Process costing provides support to Operations to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, optimise existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met.
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes :
- Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical / Biomedical Engineering or equivalent).
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices, and techniques
- Strong aptitude for material science, with an interest in metallurgy. Training will be delivered internally on the relevant metallurgical knowledge and principles; the candidate will be expected to apply that knowledge to process improvements and new process development.
- At least 3 years of industrial experience
- Lean/Six Sigma qualification is desirable
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, open-minded- able to recognise good ideas.
- Innovative thinker – able to envision new and better ways to do things
- Experience in executing complex problem-solving techniques related to design/technical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to plan, organise, and implement multiple concurrent
- Can demonstrate the ability to take a process, become an expert in it, and contribute to its ongoing development and improvement.
- Shows willingness to take a hands-on approach to understanding a process and to leading process improvement trials
For more information, contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment