Our Client is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join their team in Mayo!
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Strong IT Skills, and proficient in the use of Computer-based Maintenance Management Systems.
- Support the sites Maintenance Program by providing weekly & monthly reports and on targeting critical equipment assets for optimization and continuous improvement activities.
- Train employees on reliability processes, train supervision on the impact that the operators and technicians can have on reliability.
- Understand the process by evaluating process and technical data, literature, and work closely with the Support functions
- Guide Efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety systems
- Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and apply knowledge in methods and processes to prevent or reduce the likelihood of frequency of failures in Ostomy production.
- Analyze failure history to determine the reliability characteristics of key systems, and from this analysis develop long term solutions to reoccurring issues.
- Develop and enforce an Asset operations plan that will ensure optimum utilisation and operating efficiency of Ostomy’s Production assets, and development of an asset maintenance plan to ensure adequate levels of sustaining effective maintenance for each plant asset within Ostomy.
- Adherence to life cycle asset management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets and conduct root cause failure analysis (RCFA) by understanding and applying failure data analysis techniques, perform analysis of asset and production equipment performance to include asset utilisation, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), Mean Time between failure (MTBF), Asset Costing report including parts and production losses and remaining useful life as guiding parameters.
- Be collaborative and engage with process engineering & project engineering to review maintenance and installation plans for new equipment and provide reliability and maintainability specifications for changes, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Facilitate and lead the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, RCM & RCA program on-site; using Lean Tools to identify the root cause of problems and implement effective actions to ensure non-recurrence
- Define an approach to risk management that will anticipate reliability related and non-reliability related risks that could have adverse operational impact.
- Support and attend Ostomy process team meetings on NCMR’s & RCA and lead technical investigations.
Work Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ work experience.
- Technical Skills and Experience in Reliability Engineering
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
Specialised Skills/Technical knowledge:
- Previous demonstrated knowledge and experience of six sigma methodology would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Detailed evaluation of a number of viable solutions to each problem at a time, requires proven problem-solving skills under pressure.
- Requires innovative thinking, where new and untested solutions are proposed, demonstrated and implemented on a regular basis.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail and mental concentration, to ensure accuracy and total compliance with procedures at all times.
- Compliance and commitment to quality and maintaining a high standard of work at all times;
- Be results driven striving to meet all targets and metric standards as set by site/department and division leaders.
- Demonstrate highest levels of integrity and strong work ethic
For more information, Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment
Mairéad initially joined our team as Marketing and Recruitment Co-ordinator. She quickly progressed to Recruitment Consultant and currently manages our busy Technical division. Mairéad is a proud Castlebar woman and holds a B.B.S from ATU Sligo. Mairéad recruits for positions in all areas of Technical/ Engineering and I.T. She has built excellent relationships with companies large and small and has proved herself invaluable in solving their recruitment issues.