An excellent opportunity has arisen with our client , They are seeking to add a Purchasing Administrator to their team.
Main Purpose of role
Monitoring and controlling stock to ensure that the organization has the right amount of inventory to meet customer’s needs and to avoid overstocking certain items,
- Provider Excellent customer Service to both Internal and External customers
- Assist in the preparation of forecasting, ordering, scheduling of all inventory orders with suppliers in close collaboration with all departments.
- Create good working relationships with suppliers, carriers / couriers and all staff to ensure the smooth operation of the procurement function
- Ensure all purchasing, process and procedures are operated in accordance with our Quality Management and Health & Safety Management systems at all times
- Execute all aspects of the procurement process with regular engagement with sales departments to record and respond to changes in demand trends.
- Coordinate, schedule and execute all aspects of orders from the placement of the order, carriage in, to Goods In, to payment.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable Section and Goods In / Warehousing management.
- Assist in the preparation of all necessary daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to manage, measure, control and improve the efficiency of all Procurement functions.
- Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant stock to maximize availability of working capital.
- Identify gaps in the procurement systems, process and procedures and assist in the development of practical solutions to bridge such gaps.
- Practice a commercial focus to all activities within the section to ensure that the activities are flexible, responsive and dynamic to the ever-changing commercial business environment.
- Create good working relationships with suppliers, carriers / couriers and all staff to ensure the smooth operation of the procurement function.
- Assist in all control costs of inventory, carriage in and staff.
- Ensure all procurement, process and procedures are operated in accordance with our Quality Management and Health & Safety Management systems at all times.
- Continuously record measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved so that they do not reoccur.
- Develop the skills and understanding so that you are capable of preforming all functions within the procurement section.
- To perform additional ad hoc tasks as required by the Company.
- Experience in a Similar role.
- Previous procurement or purchasing experience are a distinct advantage.
- Logistics and inventory experience are advantageous.
- Ability to make decisive balanced decisions in a commercially focused manner.
- Embraces change and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Lean Principles, procedures and processes
- Positive disposition with a desire to learn.
- Organised and logical approach to executing tasks.
- Microsoft Office skills are essential.
- Team player
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- IIPMM Level 7 or equivalent an advantage
For more information Contact Mairéad at Arcon Recruitment on 087 189 7611 or [email protected]